The National Emergency Operation Committee is tight lipped on reports that two men, a nurse and a Government driver left managed isolation at one of the quarantine sites to go to the ATM to get cash.

This is according to NEOC officials who are not allowed to speak to the media. They said the incident occurred last Saturday.

Repeated efforts to get comments from the Acting NEOC Chair Peseta Noumea Simi were unsuccessful, despite calls and texts to her cell phone.

The Director General, Leausa Dr Take Naseri profusely refused when approached by Radio Polynesia last night for comments.

“There is only one channel we are using to disburse information,” said Leausa while walking away

Radio Polynesia pointed out to the Director General that just last week he was giving overseas media interviews, but the comment was ignored.

Several NEOC officials told Radio Polynesia, the men are front liners that were working at the Airport the night the flight from Australia arrived, they have been in quarantine since two weeks ago, at Vaoala.

Furthermore the NEOC disinfectant crew visited the ATM that was used and sprayed it down. The officials further stated the matter has been referred to the Ministry of Police and Prisons for investigation.

Radio Polynesia reached out to the Acting Police Commissioner Auapaau Logotinot Filipo for comments whether this matter has been referred to their office, but he referred queries to the Interim Chair, Peseta.

Radio Polynesia also reached out to Minister of Police Faualo Harry Schuster for comments.

However the Minister said he was unaware of such reports and will inquire with the Ministry and get back, but that has not happened.

This is not the first time people in managed isolation have escaped from quarantine.

In October, Ioane Ponifasio escaped from the quarantine site in Moamoa, hopped in a taxi to go to the money transfer; but before doing that he visited his family and stopped by several companies.

In the end close to 7o bystanders were taken in for quarantine and as a result and Ponifasio was charged by Police.